Dr. Amir Davoody received his dental degree from University of Maryland School of Dentistry and his Orthodontic certificate and Master of Dental Sciences from University of Connecticut. Dr. Davoody is board certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontists and is an affiliate member of Angle Society of Orthodontists. He was awarded Thomas Graber Award of Special Merit from American Association of Orthodontists in 2011 for his research on temporary anchorage devices (TADs).
He has taken an active role in his profession by serving as a part time faculty at the University of Connecticut Department of Craniofacial Sciences as well as staying current with latest advances in orthodontics by attending meetings nationally and internationally.
- Active Member and Reviewer for Angle Society of Orthodontists
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthodontists
- Member of prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association and Greater Houston Dental Society.
Dr. Davoody lives in Houston with his family. In addition to spending his free time with family, he enjoys Tennis, Golf, and Skiing.