Dr. Amir Davoody received his dental degree from University of Maryland School of Dentistry and his Orthodontic certificate and Master of Dental Sciences from University of Connecticut. Dr. Davoody is board certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontists and is an affiliate member of Angle Society of Orthodontists. He was awarded Thomas Graber Award of Special Merit from American Association of Orthodontists in 2011 for his research on temporary anchorage devices (TADs).
He has taken an active role in his profession by serving as a part time faculty at the University of Connecticut Department of Craniofacial Sciences as well as staying current with latest advances in orthodontics by attending meetings nationally and internationally.
- Active Member Angle Society of Orthodontists
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthodontists
- Member of prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association and Greater Houston Dental Society.
Dr. Davoody lives in Houston with his family. In addition to spending his free time with family, he enjoys Tennis, Golf, and Skiing.
- Amirparviz R. Davoody, Laura Posada, Achint Utreja, Nandakumar Janakiraman, William P. Neace, Flavio Uribe, Ravindra Nanda. “A prospective comparative study between differential moments and miniscrews in anchorage control” European Journal of Orthodontics. Aug 2012
- Flavio Uribe, Amirparviz Davoody, Ravindra Nanda. “Orthodontic treatment of a transposed gigantic canine-a case report” Journal of Orthodontics, 38: 282-289, December 2011
- A. Davoody; Feldman, J; Uribe, F; Nanda, R. Mandibular Molar Protraction With The Twin Force Bite Corrector In A Class II Patient. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics. 45(4): 223-8. 2011
- A. Davoody; I. Chen; R. Nanda; F. Uribe; E. Reichenberger. A Novel Mutation in a Patient with Oculofaciocardiodental (OFCD) Syndrome: A Rare Case and Review of Literature. Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Journal July 2011
- AADR 35th Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida: A.R. Davoody, P.D. Thut, T.O. Hermanstyne, M.S. Gold, Sex Differences in Antinociceptive Circuitry Associated with TMJ Inflammation. J Dent Res 85(Spec Iss A): abstract number 0110, 2006
- Siskind, L.J.; Davoody, A.R.; Lewin, N.; Marshall, S.; and Colombini, M. Enlargement and Contracture of C2-Ceramide Channels. Biophysical Journal 85:1560-1575 (2003)
Honors and Awards:
- Thomas M. Graber Award of Special Merit, American Association of Orthodontists, May 2011
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, May 2007
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Scholarship Award, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, June 2006
- Charles Hennesey Scholarship, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, 2005-2007
- Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, August 2005-May 2007