Dr. Adam Skrypczak is a native Houstonian and completed dental school at The University of Texas School of Dentistry and his orthodontic residency at The University of Washington. He is certified under the American Board of Orthodontics.
During his time at The University of Washington, he took a special interest in developing auxiliary techniques to treat complex adult orthodontic cases while still utilizing Invisalign®. He believes in taking the time to find the best treatment plan that fits the aesthetic expectations of his patients. Dr. Adam also loves working with children and isn’t afraid to crack some lighthearted jokes to make is younger patients comfortable in the exam room.
Publications and Research
- Zhang, Wenjian; Skrypczak, Adam; Weltman, Robin: “Anterior Maxilla Alveolar Ridge Dimension and Morphology Measurement by Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) for Immediate Implant Treatment Planning” accepted for publication by BMC Oral Health on 6/3/2015.
- Submitted: Skrypczak, Adam; Khosravi, Rooz; Ghayour, Sara; Ramsay, Douglas: “Analysis of Online Reviews”. Research in Progress.
- IADR / AADR / CADR Poster Presentation in Boston, MA. 3/12/15-3/14/15. Presented research titled: “Anterior Maxilla Alveolar Ridge Dimension and Morphology Measurement by Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) for Immediate Implant Treatment Planning”.
- Student Research Showcase Presenter, University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston, Cooley Center. 10/3/15
- Guatemala Dental Mission Trip: Provided urgent and preventative dental care to hundreds of underserved Guatemalan children. Taught the nature of dental disease and the importance of oral health to children, parents, and school officials in an area with very little dental education.
- Zavala Elementary School Volunteer: Assisted in afterschool programs for underserved children. Oversaw and coordinated extracurricular activities for children in the after school program, assisted in providing lessons and teaching games.
- Ronald Mc Donald House Charities of Galveston and Houston Volunteer: Provided exams, prophylaxis, and oral hygiene instructions to underserved children.
- ASDA Community Outreach Event – Healthy Kids Day Volunteer: Performed oral exams for children, informed children and parents on the importance of dental care, and provided activities for children to learn how to properly brush and floss.
- Homeless Resource Fair Volunteer: Provided the homeless with dental checkups and cleanings, informed them about the nature of dental decay and about the importance of oral health.
- Operative Dentistry Student Mentor: University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. Tutored dental operative clinical techniques and strategies to first-year dental students.
On a Personal Note
Dr. Adam grew up in Houston, Texas but spent his summers in Poland. He speaks English, Polish, and Spanish. When he’s not working with patients, Dr. Adam enjoys playing and watching sports (especially the Rockets, Texans, Longhorns, and Astros), listening to 80’s rock anthems, as well as hiking, kayaking, and skiing.